Tuesday, September 4, 2012

WORDS HAVE POWER


 
THE POWER OF WORDS
 
 
 

     Words have power!  God uttered words to create Earth with green grass, blue skies, and flowing water.  Then with the sounds of intention, he created the beast and then man in his image to inhabit it.  Looking upon the product of his words, God deemed it good and then rested in contentment of his work.

     Mankind was made in the image of God.  That means we, too, have the ability to speak creation.  Ignorance to the ability does not halt the power.  Have you ever complained about an unpleasant situation and experienced it get worse?  Words have to be chosen carefully to manifest desired creation.  The order of desire must be spoken correctly to bring it forth.

     How did Jesus heal the sick and renew the weary?  One could say he laid hands on them.  Some of them he did.  Words of intentions can be spoken with or without audible voice.  How did Moses part the Red Sea?  Yes, he pointed a staff towards it.  Neither of us was there, so we don’t know if he uttered sounds of intentions that were able to be heard or not.  He might have spoken in his heart and acted with faith upon belief. 

     Faith and belief make words do what they do.  Belief provides words to be spoken; while faith supports the actions taken in addition to words spoken from belief.  Together they create experiences. 

     Humans interpret most experiences as good or bad; based on pleasantness.  I was surprised when I came into the knowledge of how I create my life experiences word by word.

     Writers use words to create stories and experiences for readers’ entertainment.  I was learning how to write in the design of public share at the same time that I was made aware of the power of words.  Briefly, the phenomenon took form as a stumbling block for my attempt to advance in a rewarding career. Fear of creation held my words hostage. 

     I was in the midst of a series of unpleasant experiences in my life that I wanted to overcome.  Not only did I want to, I needed to write to have something to establish a career with.  My mind hesitated for fear of writing the wrong thing.

     Obviously, I have overcome my fear of writing.  For that I am grateful.  I take my time and choose my words carefully when I speak and write.  My intentions give better clues about the words I need to speak to create my desires.  Clarity of intentions is important. 

     Sometimes, intentions hide behind desires.  Close examination may be necessary.  If you desire to have a significant other in your life, an advancement of money, or any other experience, why you desire these things will play a significant role in creation when you attempt to bring them into experience.  Once you are certain of what you desire, ask yourself why you desire what you do. 

     Why are you without the things you desire?  This is a question I had to ask myself.  The answer gave insight into prior creations and the words I had spoken to bring them forth.  My initial answer was, “I don’t know.”  Determination to create better experiences formulated a different answer.

     I was without the things I desired partly because I did not know how to obtain them.  As a result, I believed my desires were out of my reach.  The words I spoke in casual conversation and as mental chatter came from a belief that was the complete opposite of my desires.  My experiences, in accordance with my words and belief, were also different from my desires.  The power of words became clear.

     Have you ever considered the reason words of encouragement evoke pleasant feelings?  On the surface, they are made of the same material as words of criticism.  Yet, they engage different emotions. 

     What about a terminally ill person who speak words of death versus one in a similar experience who speak words of life and good health?  What if the future reality of the person who spoke words of death is death and life for the one who spoke life?     
     This phenomenon would be seen as a miracle or divine intervention.  It is even possible for the survivor to be spoken about as a rare case and someone who beat odds.  Explaining what happened, in this particular scenario described above, in the ways proposed overlook words spoken during experience.  Many times this information is unknown and/or unattended to. 

     Before I move forward, let me acknowledge the fact that I am aware the scenarios I offered above (simply for thought) does not represent all terminally ill persons and their experiences.

     Having said that, I know a mother of 5 children who confided in me about the way she felt during a challenging time in her life.  She expressed dislike for things her children did and the consequences it cost not only the acting child, but also her as the mother of a minor.  Her love life was null after a failed marriage.  No matter how much she desired to be happy, she wasn’t and claimed she never would be as long as the people in her life continued to make the decisions that negatively affected her.

     She was right.  My mother died at age 49, after prolonged unhappiness.  She did not experience her desire of happiness but she did experience the fulfillment of her words.

     Recently, I started working a job where I was made to feel uncomfortable my first day.  Immediately, I contemplated quitting versus monetary survival.  Extra cash was my aim so I asked for strength and stamina to deal with the difficult store owner’s son in order to continue.  My prayer was answered each day that I asked, yet, I continued to talk about initial feelings and the dislike I held for work in this particular environment.  To my surprise, on a day that I asked for strength and stamina to survive the workday, the difficult store owner’s son forcefully took a container from my hands. 

     In the moment where I held on to one side of the container and him the other with forceful pull between us (from him), I surrendered and let go but was not satisfied.  Powerful words escaped my mouth upon our next interaction. 
     “Unless we are working as a team, don’t ever grab hold of anything in my hands.  Because, I can’t be responsible for my reaction,” I said only loud enough to be heard by him who was behind me.  He pivoted and walked away without saying anything else to me.  Instead, I heard him tell a nearby manager, “Have her clock out.”

     Wow!  This was not what I expected when I left home for work.  I had spoken words that had cost me my job.  All of the words I had spoken before and during the final experience with the store owner’s son created the outcome.  Did I receive my desire?  Yes, I must say.  No longer do I have to face the difficult store owner’s son and he was made aware of my reaction to his actions.  This was achieved professionally without losing control.  Back to the creation zone for extra income; and this time I specify, I would like the source to produce positive experiences in the process of providing money.

     The message I desire to leave with you is, WORDS HAVE POWER.  Be careful how you choose them.  I wish you words of peace, comfort, and love.  Practice makes plenty.J   I will keep you posted on progress I make towards living out my dreams.

Sincerely,
DeMeitta Wesley
 
For more 'Food For Thought' visit http://www.demeitta.moonfruit.com
 
For FREE EMAIL coaching on living with intention email dreamchild78@gmail.com
 
Thank you for your support and desires to be A GREATER YOU! http://dreamchild78.wix.com/greateryouawaits/
 
 
PHOTO CREDIT
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment